Saturday, October 17, 2020
9:00 AM - 2:15 PM
CLOYES SOCCER FIELD PARK
2700 Cross Country Field Park
Germantown, TN 38138
As everyone returns from Fall Break, we are holding a ‘Small-Sided Game Day’ on Saturday, August 17th at the Cloyes Soccer Field Park.
|Small-sided Games by Division|
|TIME||AGE GROUPS||BIRTH YEARS|
|9:00 AM||Future Legends U5 Coed and U6 Coed||2016 & 2015|
|10:15 AM||Future Legends U7 thru U10 Girls||2014, 2013, 2012 & 2011|
|11:30 AM||Future Legends U7 thru U10 Boys||2014, 2013, 2012 & 2011|
|1:00 PM||Jr. Legends U11 thru U15 Boys & Girls||2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 & 2006|
Dates & Times subject to change. Any updates will be posted online... CALENDAR.GermantownLegends.com
- Event is FREE!
- Open to all registered players for the Germantown Legends Soccer REC program
- Free play, small-sided games led by staff
- As always, bring the following:
- Appropriate size soccer ball
- Wear shin guards under socks
- Red Jersey (or Red t-shirt if your child's jersey has note yet arrived)
- Arrive early,... at least 15 minutes early
- Players pick their own teams of three or four players (and team names). For those who already have their small-sided teams formed in advance, they may choose to dress alike in any color.
- Teams may be co-ed. And may have players who are playing up and down in age groups..... think how teams were formed in the neighborhoods, when kids were allowed to play outside in the street or in their front yards with their siblings and neighbors
- This event is run like a 'mini' tournament.
- Games last no more than 7- 10 minutes each.... round robin format.
- NO referees
- NO coaching (unless you are playing)
- All on field disputes settled by 'rock, paper, scissors'
- We are keeping score! 3 points for a win; 1 point for a tie,... plus a point for each goal scored
- All players should bring water, appropriate size soccer ball and wear shin guards under their socks to all sessions
- Two teams with most points will meet in final to become the SoccerFEST CHAMPION!
See additional 'Rules for Small-sided Games' under the Resources tab or visit SmallSidedGamesRules.GermantownLegends.com.
Event rules will be modified for the U5/ U6 players.
"3v3 Soccer" is claimed to be the fastest growing form of soccer in the World. Its greatest popularity is in the United States, where hundreds, and perhaps thousands of Tournaments take place each year; however, it is also now begun to catch on in many other countries.
This style of soccer is more commonly referred to as a "small-sided" game, as compared to a full game with larger teams. The field used is smaller than a regulation soccer pitch, instead it typically is 30 yards wide by 40 yards long, although these dimensions vary quite a bit when the game is played indoors due to the varied styles and sizes of indoor pitches. It uses a much smaller goal than full-sided soccer. In most 3v3, there is no keeper, although one variant, 3v3 Micro Soccer, does use a keeper.
It is a much faster paced, and higher scoring game than traditional full sided soccer. The speed of the attack, the use of triangulation, and the strategies bring aspects of Hockey into the game. The quick shift from one end of the field to the other after a goal is scored, or upon loss of possession is reminiscent of Basketball. It requires the blending of individual skills with teamwork.
Its gain in popularity is largely because every member of the team gets equal playing time, and equal touches on the ball. All players on the field are a part of the play. Because of the speed of the game, and the fact that players are constantly in motion, there are frequent substitutions. A typical player may be rotated on six times or more in one game. There are no permanently assigned positions as there are in full sided soccer, giving each team member equal status and equal importance. This helps to develop individual skills.
For the latest information and session updates, please check the online calendar at CALENDAR.GermantownLegends.com.
Setup a small soccer activity area to practice some of your favorite moves, or visit the following links for more activities:
- Ball Mastery... SkillsForLegends.GermantownLegends.com
The Germantown Legends are a premier youth soccer club located in Germantown, Tennessee.
Established in 2011, the Legends Soccer Club focuses intensely on creating brave creative leaders for life. Our no guilt, no shame, no blame philosophy gives kids the confidence to get out of their comfort zone and create the big play in any situation!
The Germantown Legends are the 'official soccer provider' to the City of Germantown.
For Field conditions, Inclement weather, Program updates, Camp information, etc., please visit the following: