Registration & Refund Policies
PLAYER'S REQUESTS... REC Soccer
- For friend requests to be considered, the following two items must have been completed:
- The registration fee MUST be paid in full (including non-resident fee if applicable)
- At least ONE PARENT MUST BE REGISTERED AS A VOLUNTEER (Coach or Team Manager) as noted below before the 'Friend/ Team' request deadline...
Fall - July 15th
Spring - January 15th
- For a child to placed with on particular team with a specific coach, the coach must also register BEFORE the friend/ team request deadline.
- For U5/ U6 players, when two or more parents request for their children to be placed on the same team, at least one of the parents must be registered online as a volunteer (Coach or Team Manager). (Head Coaches with the appropriate online coaching license will receive a credit or refund less credit card fees/ charges. A promo code is available upon request, please send an email to email@example.com.)
- For U7/ U8 and older players, when two or more parents request for their children to be placed on the same team, at least one of the parents MUST be registered online as a volunteer coach (Head or Assistant Coach). (Head Coaches with the appropriate coaching license will receive a credit or refund less credit card fees/ charges, and their child participates in the REC Skills Club for FREE).
- It is the player's responsibility to contact the player or coach with whom they are signing up to play with...
- to ensure that they will be playing or coaching during the season
- League/ division and same age group to ensure that they are signing up for the
- to ensure that there is room on the team
- All requests must be made while registering (online).
- Players are allowed to request that they NOT play for a particular Coach or NOT to play with a particular player.
- Parents registering during the 'LATE' registration period may be asked to coach or manage a team.
- All players will be placed in their appropriate age group. Playing up in age groups will be based on skill and staff evaluations made during the pre-season player training sessions.
- The only way to guarantee a team stays together is for the following to take place:
- Head Coach has completed their volunteer registration online BEFORE the 'Friend/ Team' request deadline
- All players must register BEFORE the 'Friend/ Team' request deadline
COACHES' REQUEST... REC Soccer
- Coaches are allowed to request players that have played with them previously, provided they have registered online during the 'early' or 'regular' registration period.
- Coaches are allowed to request that they NOT have a particular player on their team.
GENERAL REGISTRATION... REC Soccer
- ALL REC soccer registrations are done online.
- Only players whose registration fee has been paid in full and completed all of the necessary waivers/ forms will be placed on a team.
- Players are registered by their 'birth year'.
- Requests are for players, parents and or coaches that sign up during the 'early' or 'regular' registration periods.
- As stated above, for any parent making a team or friend request, as least ONE OF THE PARENTS MUST BE REGISTERED AS A VOLUNTEER (Head Coach or Assistant Coach) according to their child's age group.
For REC soccer, the sibling discount is $20.00 for each child AFTER the first child.
For Competitive soccer, the sibling discount is $100.00 AFTER the first child's 'club' registration fee. To ensure proper credit, please send an email to INFO@GermantownLegends.com after making the initial club payments.
The competitive soccer sibling discount is NOT applicable to the 'team' fees.
EACH REC TEAM WILL NEED THREE VOLUNTEERS...
- Head Coach - run practices and provide direction during the games
- Assistant Coach - 'bench' Coach during games, back-up coach for games and practices
- Team Manager - assist with team communications, verify field conditions, schedule changes, weather delays, program updates, Spirit wear, etc.
* All Volunteers must register online as a volunteer with the Germantown Legends, and also consent to a Background Check in accordance with the City of Germantown Parks & Recreation Departments Volunteer Policies (and State of Tennessee State Law). Note, that only those who have a current background check on file with the City of Germantown may be on the same sideline as the players.
Head Coaches with the appropriate online coaching license will receive a credit or refund less credit card fees/ charges for a free registration of the child they will be coaching. A promo code is available upon request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Late Registration Fee for REC Soccer is $40.00 per child.
- Late registrants are NOT guaranteed a roster spot on a specific team, with a specific coach... this may include NOT being able to return to the previous year’s team.
- Players registering late will only be placed on teams as space allows.
- Priority in late registration shall be given in the following order:
- to players whose parents agree to be the 'Head' Coach of a team (if needed)
- to players who moved to Germantown AFTER the close of the on-time registration period
- to Germantown residents
- on a first come-first serve basis to all non-residents
- Those registering late may be asked to volunteer as either a Coach or Team Manager, in order to help form additional teams as needed.
- When circumstances allow, new teams will be formed with late registrants IF a volunteer coach steps forth from those families. Those agreeing to volunteer as either a Coach will be placed on a team first.
- Players registering during the 'LATE' registration period will NOT able to participate in the first weekend of league play.
- All late registrations will be subject to a non-refundable late fee of $40.00 per child. All other fees will be refunded if the Germantown Legends are unable to place a child on a team.
- The LATE FEE may be waived for families that move into the area after the registration period or that are new to our program. If this applies to you, please send an email to info@GermantownLegends.com for the promotion code or apply a credit to your family's account for future use.
UNIFORMS - GERMANTOWN REC SOCCER UNIFORM KITS
Uniform Kits are NOT included in the registration fee, as players playing back-to-back Fall and Spring seasons MAY stay in the same kit, provided they are participating in the Germantown Legends REC League.
Non-resident fees are 'pass through' fees paid to the City of Germantown on behalf of each player for facility maintenance and upkeep, lights, safety (Park Rangers), etc. by the Germantown Legends.
COMPETITIVE CLUB FEES
- The player’s 'Club' fees are determined by your child's team assignment.
- All dues payments are to be made in accordance with the terms on the ‘payment schedule’ (found in the registration forms).
- Any payment received 30 days after its due date shall be past due and may result in surrender of a player’s membership card. Players will not be allowed to practice or play until the membership card is reinstated. In addition to any outstanding fees due, a $50.00 reinstatement charge shall be required to reinstate the player’s card.
REFUNDS - REC SOCCER
- Refund requests should be made via email to INFO@GermantownLegends.com.
- Please include the following in your email message with:
- Your Child's name
- Include the word 'Refund' in the subject line of your email request
- Your phone number
- Program(s) withdrawing from
- The reason for your refund request (injury, illness, moving out of town, etc.)
- Refunds are paid via check or credit onto your HappyFeet/ Germantown Legends account.
- Refunds are subject to a $25.00 Administration Fee, and may take three to four weeks to process.
- Refunds paid via credit card are subject to a $25.00 Administration Fee and additional credit card processing fees; while credits for future seasons are (typically) applied in FULL.
DISCOUNTS FOR REC COACHES
For specific discount amounts, visit send an email to INFO@GermantownLegends.com.
The head coach must be registered as a head coach within Oasys and must submit to a background check for the City of Germantown before any refunds (less credit card charges and fees) or credits are processed.
The coaching refunds (less credit card charges and fees) or credits will begin to be processed following the 3rd game of the season.
'Refunds' (less credit card charges/ fees) are provided when the 'HEAD COACH' obtains the appropriate US Soccer Federation or United Soccer Coaches coaching license. A 'CREDIT' will be applied to the family's account when NO coaching license has been provided.
To begin the refund process, please send a copy of your Coaching Certificate or License Number to INFO@GermantownLegends.com for our records.
All REC 'coaching' refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee when repaid back to a credit card. To receive FULL CREDIT (without the processing fee), please use the appropriate coaching promotional code. For the promotion code, please send an email to info@GermantownLegends.com.
Children of U6 thru U8 Head Coaches may participate in the Future Legends REC Skills Club for FREE.
We will do everything possible to eliminate 'scheduling conflicts' for Head Coaches of the Germantown Legends REC teams.
All REC 'coaching' refunds are processed after the second match of the season.
HOW HEAD COACHES CAN RECEIVE REDUCED OR FREE REGISTRATION FEE
- All U5/U6 Coed Head Coaches will receive a 50% discount of the child they are coaching.
- Any U5 thru U19 Head Coach with a minimum of the USSF Grassroots format/ age appropriate Coaching License (USSF Grassroots Online or In-person Coaching License, USSF National E Coaching License or NSCAA equivalent) will receive one FREE Registration Fee for the child they are coaching.
For more information regarding coaching courses, please visit the links included above, or email us at INFO@GermantownLegends.com.
REFUNDS - COMPETITIVE SOCCER
Once a player has committed and signed for the competitive year (Fall and Spring seasons), they are obligated to the club for the duration and responsible for all fees outlined above. There are no refund of fees unless player moves out of town, or is no longer able to participate due to serious illness or season ending injury.
No refunds will be provided if the season is suspened due to Acts of God or Force Majueure.
The Germantown Legends will do everything possible to play a minimu of seven matches per season.
Acts of God include acts of civil or military authority, national emergencies, labor difficulties, mechanical breakdown, insurrection, war, riots, or failure or unavailability of transportation, communication or power supply, fire, flood or other catastrophe or other causes beyond its reasonable control. Force Majeure includes acts of civil or military authority, national emergencies, labor difficulties, mechanical breakdown, insurrection, war, riots, or failure or unavailability of transportation, communication or power supply, fire, flood or other catastrophe.
- There is a $35.00 charge for any returned checks.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send an email to INFO@GermantownLegends.com.
The Germantown Legends are a premier youth soccer club located in Germantown, Tennessee.
Established in 2011, the Legends Soccer Club focuses intensely on creating brave creative leaders for life. Our no guilt, no shame, no blame philosophy gives kids the confidence to get out of their comfort zone and create the big play in any situation!
The Germantown Legends Soccer program is the official 'Soccer Provider' to the City of Germantown.
For Field conditions, Inclement weather, Program updates, Camp information, etc., please visit the following:
Facebook: Germantown Legends Soccer
Instagram: Germantown Legends Soccer