WHY BE A TOPSoccer BUDDY
TOPSoccer Buddies perform a very important role in the program. Buddies help all of our special needs players through friendship, sharing of skills, community service and assisting all our players to achieve success.
Volunteering as a Buddy will allow you to earn service hours for National Honor Society or other programs requiring outside community involvement.
Being a Buddy also looks great on your transcripts and, resumes and college applications ....
WHO CAN BE A TOPSoccer BUDDY
The easy answer is anyone. the specific answer is we are looking for Middle and High School aged kids especially those who have an understanding of the game of soccer. You don't have to be on a current team or be an athlete, only the desire to assist and share some fun times with some special players.
Any Buddy 18 or over will have to complete a background check and complete the SafeSport certification course which is mandated but 100% online.
ROLE OF THE TOPSoccer BUDDY
- Create secure playing situations by creating safety zones around the player
- Monitors and interacts with coaches and parents for the players safety
- Demonstrate the skill if needed
- Always show a positive attitude
- Help TOPSoccer players realize their potential and have fun