Saturday, November 25, 2023
CLOYES SOCCER FIELD PARK
2700 Cross Country
Germantown, TN 38138
10:30 AM, Saturday, November 25th
Open to ALL players
The 12th Annual Turkey Cup is for ALL players registered to play during the current Fall season, plus any ALUMNI of the Germantown Legends Soccer program.
This event is FREE.
NO advance registration is required.
All players should bring:
- Soccer ball
- Wear shin guards under their socks
The Germantown Legends Coaching Staff will be conducting small-sided games at the Cloyes Soccer Park.
While skill levels will range from beginner to advanced, players will be divided by age and or skill level.
For the latest information and session updates, please check the online calendar at CALENDAR.GermantownLegends.com.
- Entry fee is FREE...
- Free play, small sided game session led by staff.
- Open to ALL registered players, Coaches and Alumni of the Germantown Legends Soccer program.
- Players pick their own teams of three or four players (and team names)
- Teams may be co-ed. And may have players who are playing up and down in age groups.... think how teams were formed in the neighborhoods, when kids were allowed to play outside in the street or in their front yards with their siblings and neighbors.
- The Turkey Cup is run like a mini tournament.
- Games last no more than 7- 10 minutes each.... round robin format.
- NO referees
- NO coaching (unless you are playing)
- All on field disputes settled by 'rock, paper, scissors'
- 3 points for a win, plus a point for each goal.
- Two teams with most points will meet in final to become the Turkey Cup CHAMPION!
See additional 'Rules for Small-sided Games' under the Resources tab or visit SmallSidedGamesRules.GermantownLegends.com.
"3v3 Soccer" is claimed to be the fastest growing form of soccer in the World. Its greatest popularity is in the United States, where hundreds, and perhaps thousands of Tournaments take place each year; however, it is also now begun to catch on in many other countries.
This style of soccer is more commonly referred to as a "small-sided" game, as compared to a full game with larger teams. The field used is smaller than a regulation soccer pitch, instead it typically is 30 yards wide by 40 yards long, although these dimensions vary quite a bit when the game is played indoors due to the varied styles and sizes of indoor pitches. It uses a much smaller goal than full-sided soccer. In most 3v3, there is no keeper, although one variant, 3v3 Micro Soccer, does use a keeper.
It is a much faster paced, and higher scoring game than traditional full sided soccer. The speed of the attack, the use of triangulation, and the strategies bring aspects of Hockey into the game. The quick shift from one end of the field to the other after a goal is scored, or upon loss of possession is reminiscent of Basketball. It requires the blending of individual skills with teamwork.
Its gain in popularity is largely because every member of the team gets equal playing time, and equal touches on the ball. All players on the field are a part of the play. Because of the speed of the game, and the fact that players are constantly in motion, there are frequent substitutions. A typical player may be rotated on six times or more in one game. There are no permanently assigned positions as there are in full sided soccer, giving each team member equal status and equal importance. This helps to develop individual skills.
Setup a small soccer activity area to practice some of your favorite moves, or visit the following links for more activities:
- Ball Mastery... SkillsForLegends.GermantownLegends.com
The Germantown Legends are a premier youth soccer club located in Germantown, Tennessee.
Established in 2011, the Legends Soccer Club focuses intensely on creating brave creative leaders for life. Our no guilt, no shame, no blame philosophy gives kids the confidence to get out of their comfort zone and create the big play in any situation!
The Germantown Legends are the official 'soccer provider' to the City of Germantown.
For Field Conditions, Inclement Weather, Program updates, please visit the following:
Facebook: Germantown Legends Soccer
Instagram: Germantown Legends Soccer