Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
CLOYES SOCCER PARK
2700 Cross Country
Germantown, TN 38138
US Youth Soccer TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based training and team placement program for young athletes with disabilities. The purpose is to give every player a chance to experience the joy of soccer.
TOPSoccer sessions are once a week.
Fall season runs September thru early November; while the Spring season runs March thru early May.
TOPSoccer Frequently Asked Questions
The Outreach Program for Soccer that enables children under 19 with physical and or intellectual disabilities to play the game of soccer.
WHAT IS TOPSoccer ALL ABOUT?
- Our goal – provide an opportunity for ALL CHILDREN to play soccer
- Physically unable
- Learning challenges
- Administrative challenges- unable to place them on conventional teams
HOW IS TOPSoccer SIMILAR TO CONVENTIONAL TEAMS?
- Players are coached
- Taught skills / drills / game
- Taught to play as a team
- Have fun through the game and joy of being on a team
- Players are registered
- Rewards to everyone who participates
HOW IS TOPSoccer UNIQUE?
- Placed on teams by ability (not age)
- Games may be freely modified, MAKE IT WORK
- FIFA “Laws” are only guidelines - THROW INS, MORE THAN ONE CHANCE TO THROW IN
- Non-players may be on the field - COACH, BUDDY
- Rules may be adjusted
- Administrative procedures may be revised
WHY IS TOPSoccer IMPORTANT?
- Develop social skills
- Develop better motor coordination
- Improve communication skills
- Provide opportunity for exercise
WHO CAN PLAY?
Any athlete is allowed to participate unless participation would be considered unsafe for the athlete!
Yes, we need Volunteers (or 'Buddies'), if interested, please register online.
A TOPSoccer Buddy is an invaluable volunteer. The TOPSoccer buddy is not a player and does not score goals. A TOPSoccer Buddy can be a caregiver, aide, family member, same-aged peer, teenager or adult. Whenever possible and appropriate, given the characteristics and limitations of given circumstances, TOPSoccer will do it's best to provide a buddy to each athlete who needs one. We cannot always guarantee buddy assignment. It is the goal of TOPSoccer to provide the opportunity for participation for each athlete, while ensuring the safety of all athletes, volunteers, parents and spectators.
For more info:
The Germantown Legends are the ‘Official Soccer Provider’ for the City of Germantown.
For more information, including Program updates, Camps information, Field conditions, Inclement weather, etc., please visit the following: