201 Spring League Info
THE 2018 SPRING HAPPYFEET SOCCER LEAGUE
BEGINS SATURDAY MARCH 3, 2018
Germantown SoccerPlex - 7930 CD Smith Rd
Germantown, TN 38138
- Please Arrive 20 minutes early to check-in and get your HappyFeet shirt.
- HappyFeet TIMES and TEAMS will be posted by Friday MARCH 2nd.
- Your time is the same each week for 7 weeks (Every Saturday March 3 - April 28) - No HF on March 17 or March 31 (Spring Break/Easter)
- Make up days do to weather are not guaranteed but we will make every effort to reschedule - Rain Date May 5th (TBA)
- Bring a size 3 ball (name on it), shin guards, and WATER - We recommend a size 1 ball for LITTLE TOES (aka - juggling ball)
- Check your email, Twitter (@Happyfeetsoccer), Facebook (Memphis HappyFeet Soccer), or website for field status/cancellations and any other update or information on HF League. Please do not call. All will be posted online 30 minutes prior to kick-off (9:30 am) at the latest.
- When you arrive on the FIRST DAY, there will be seperate HappyFeet groups already playing, let them finish and the players and parents leave the fields.
- Parents please remain on sideline during all activities/games. Do not stand in or on the small sided HappyFeet fields and/or interefere with any HappyFeet activites/games/players or staff! A coach may ask a parent for assistance. If your child needs some help in initation the first or a couple sessions, WE ASK THAT THE PARENT PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN ALL THE ACTIVITIES if that is the case. IMITATION IS KEY! Your little one will react better by seeing mom or dad playing rather than standing over them. You will have fun we promise :)
- Our instructors are trained in our curriculum and are HappyFeet certified. Our 3 rules for HAPPYFEETers are No HANDS, No CRYING (because soccer players are tough of course, & ALWAYS LISTEN. However our instructors will need your assistance if your child needs a reminder on listening, is wrestling or distracting other HappyFeeters, or running off.
- Your child will be assigned a team, instructor, and field with another team. The same two teams will do skills activities on the same field with each other each week. Each team has a designated HAPPYFEET STAFF INSTRUCTOR. Understand that some instructors may have prior commitments some weekends, so we will have a new coach fill in or atleast be with the coach that you do the skill activities with. There will be times we may ask a parent to assist an instructor if one of our instructors is OUT. If you are interested and willing to help please pay attention to our curriculum and then our instructors will help you on the way.
- ***If you are concerned your child is disinterested in the soccer, BE PATIENT. For many this is their first time ever seeing soccer, having teammates, and having a coach. If they are out there, they SEE and HEAR everything around them - they are constantly learning. We ask that all our awesome HappyFeet Parents to approach their soccer experience with PATIENCE and most importantly a SENSE OF HUMOR! There will be distractions, they will fall over, they will accidently run into each other. Some children will take longer than others in engaging in the soccer experience - that is OK it may not be until the middle of the season until they are engaged in the soccer fun! THERE WILL ABSOLUTELY BE NO FIGHTING OR ARGUING between parents. Remember this is an introduction of soccer for children 2.5-5. HAVE FUN! MOST IMPORTANTLY, sit back and watch your kids have fun!
- HAPPYFEET SOCCER is about building BRAVE, CREATIVE LEADERS for Life! It is not competitive. Our focus is on the skill activities and the individual ball work for 30-40 minutes. Our unique curriculum encourages ball control and ball manipulation (hundreds of individual touches on the ball), while also engaging motor skills, balance & coordination, and a sense of self-concept and confidence! The 3v3 match we may play at the end introduces the HappyFeeters to direction, boundaries, and teamwork. Our priority is not the game and at times we will have to stick with the skills activities and fun. Keep in mind, teams are randomly selected. Pairing similar sizes of kids is impossible and discourages creativity. Soccer is an ever changing and evolving sport that promotoes individual problem solving.
KEY WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
- Encourage the children to try a soccer move (even if it is not successful)
- Don't use the phrases KICK IT, SHOOT IT, BOOT IT, RUN, HUSTLE (we want the ball at their feet as long as possible and as many touches as possible)
- USE - DRIBBLE, DRIBBLE, DRIBBLE, PROTECT THE BALL, KEEP TRYING, WELL DONE, OR GOOD JOB!
- PLAY AT HOME!
"I don't believe skill was, or ever will be, the result of coaches. It is a result of a love affair between the child and the ball." - Roy Keane (Ireland & Manchester United Captain)
We believe in teaching soccer the right way. HappyFeet soccer starts with soccer games and activities designed for children as young as two-years-old to five! As they tame their "Bob the Bobcat" soccer ball on the field, children will enhance coordination and balance, boost self-esteem and self-confidence, increase listening and direction-following skills, and be introduced to healthy exercise habits and soccer skills.
Please let Coach Brett or the coaches know of any existing medical conditions.
We look forward to a fun HappyFeet Soccer season!!!
- Briarcrest East
- Briarcrest Houston Levee
- Central Learning Center
- Children's Knowledge Station
- Christian Kids KinderCare - Germantown
- Cloyes Park After School - Tuesday
- Cloyes Park After School - Thursday
- Collierville Christian Academy
- Cordova Presbyterian Early Childhood Learning Center
- Cornerstone Learning Center
- First Baptist Day School of Memphis
- Foreign Language Immersion Center
- Germantown Presbyterian
- Goddard - Collierville
- Grace Childhood Development Center
- Grace-St. Luke's School
- Kingsway Christian
- M.E.M. Christian Preschool
- Mullins PDO
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- St. George's Independent School-Germantown
- St. George's Episcopal Preschool