US Youth Soccer TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based training and team placement program for young athletes with disabilities. The purpose is to give every player a chance to experience the joy of soccer.
Players practice once a week.
TOPSoccer Frequently Asked Questions
The Outreach Program for Soccer that enables children under 19 with physical and or intellectual disabilities to play the game of soccer.
2. WHAT IS TOPSoccer ALL ABOUT?
-Our goal – provide an opportunity for ALL CHILDREN to play soccer
– Learning challenges
– Administrative challenges- unable to place them on conventional teams
3. HOW IS TOPSoccer SIMILAR TO CONVENTIONAL TEAMS?
- Players are coached
– Taught skills / drills / game
– Taught to play as a team
- Have fun through the game and joy of being on a team
- Players are registered
- Rewards to everyone who participates
4. HOW IS TOPSoccer UNIQUE?
- Placed on teams by ability (not age)
- Games may be freely modified, MAKE IT WORK
- FIFA “Laws” are only guidelines - THROW INS, MORE THAN ONE CHANCE TO THROW IN
- Non-players may be on the field - COACH, BUDDY
- Rules may be adjusted
- Administrative procedures may be revised
5. WHY IS TOPSoccer IMPORTANT?
- Develop social skills
- Develop better motor coordination
- Improve communication skills
- Provide opportunity for exercise
6. WHO CAN PLAY?
Any athlete is allowed to participate unless participation would be considered unsafe for the athlete!
7. Need Volunteers?
Yes, we need Volunteers (or 'Buddies'), if interested, please register online or give us call at (901) 861-6008.
For more info: